Rutgers University Band Alumni Association
Hello everyone and welcome to our website.
With the 100th anniversary of the Marching Scarlet Knights and the 40th year of RUBAA's existence there are a lot of exciting things that will be occuring this year. I highly encourage you to regularly check back here as well as our social media pages for important information. I hope to see you at as many of the fun events this year to celebrate both milestones.
-Nicole Setzer ENG '07 RUBAA President
HOT OFF THE PRESS
Old Alumni Band Music: Music from past eras is being added to our Box.net folder. Check the Box.net link to see if your parts have been added. If you have music for parts that are not posted, please scan it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homecoming Halftime Music: 9-20-15 Update. The Alumni will be playing the old version (Dr Whitener version) of "Sing. Sing, Sing". In case you did not get the email from the eBoard here is the information:
- Alumni MUST HAVE a field access pass in order to be permitted onto the field for halftime (these will be provided at the tailgate check-in.)
- We will perform facing the press box.
- Because additional recognitions have been added at halftime, the band will begin the show at the top of "Sing, Sing, Sing," (Whitener version) rather than the marches as previously stated in an earlier e-mail.
- We are being asked to please keep the sidelines clear until the undergrads get onto the field. Once they are in place they will introduce us, and we march onto the field at that point.
- Following our magnificent performance of "Sing, Sing, Sing," we will exit triumphantly to the front sideline and watch the undergrads perform the rest of the halftime show.
- Once the undergrads are done, they will remain in place during the Hall of Fame Ceremony. We will return to the stands at this time.
- Due to the Hall of Fame Ceremony, WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING BELLS.
POST GAME DETAILS
We will join the undergraduates in concert arcs on the field and play with them.
- The following songs will be played:
- "Land of 1000 Dances"
- "All the Small Things"
- Bourgault arrangement of "Loyal Sons"
- NO SINGING INCLUDED like in older versions.
- We will finish with singing of the Alma Mater.
GAME DAY ATTIRE
- You will receive a red 100th Anniversary shirt at tailgate check-in, and we request you wear it when on the field and in the stands with us .
- We also request that you make every attempt to wear black bottoms (pants, shorts, skirt, etc. - whichever is most comfortable for you.)
- Shoes should be closed toed and comfortable to you. If you have black ones those are preferred but not required.
- Baseball caps/hats are allowed, just make sure it is a Rutgers one. Band 100th anniversary hats will be available for sale at the tailgate. Interested in the price? Click here!
- Guests attending the game with you should be encouraged to wear a red shirt (and black bottoms if possible) to make our group look uniform as we sit together in the stadium.
- If you are color guard member, be on the look out for an e-mail from Cara Bufanio with the video of your halftime routine - there is flag work and dancing involved.
- For details about the schedule for the day and where to go prior to heading into the stadium for the game, please look in your inbox for an e-mail from email@example.com sent on Friday, September 18.
- For those who have questions about where your cases can be stored, an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org will be coming out soon with those details.
Second is the google drive link. Here you will find the stands tunes that have been used through the years. We are still waiting to hear which songs are the final selection for the 26th. I will highlight on the list of songs which ones you will need as soon as I hear. You should however familiarize yourself with the new versions of bells and loyal sons. Older (Pre 1995) music is being added online. Check the "Stands Music" link on the left side of this page to download your parts
We ask that you do not share this link/music files with others as it is not authorized to do so.
Open Rehearsal & Cocktail Reception
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th
5 to 7:30 p.m.
Party Deck inside High Point Solutions Stadium
Includes food, wine and beer, non-alcoholic beverages, dessert, coffee and tea.
PRE-GAME TAILGATE PARTY
Saturday, September 26 — 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
This is the official anniversary bash! Includes a full brunch buffet (a selection of breakfast and lunch options), unlimited wine and beer, non-alcoholic beverages, dessert, coffee and tea. Advance registration and payment is required. Check-in table will be located at the Tailgate Party tent. All registered guests will receive a wristband for entrance into the tent. Valid ID is required in order to be served alcoholic beverages. Advance registration and payment is required for this event. No walk-ins will be permitted.
LOCATION: BLOCK R PARTY / ATHLETES GLEN
We will have our own private tent set up in Athletes Glen for this event. Wristbands are required for entrance to the tent.
Children 2 years old and under are free of charge.
100TH ANNIVERSARY HALFTIME PERFORMANCE
Only alumni who attend the Pre-Game Tailgate Party will be invited to participate in the 100th Anniversary halftime performance. Game tickets are required.
Band alumni attending the Tailgate Party are invited to participate in the 100th Anniversary halftime show (details to be provided with event confirmation).
Game tickets are required. See RSVP form for discounted ticket information.
Saturday, September 26: 12:00 p.m.
Discount group tickets are available for this game. Seats are located in the corner / endzone (opposite end of the stadium from the undergraduate band/student section). Tailgate Party attendees will receive their game tickets at check-in at the event tent. If you purchase game tickets but are not attending the tailgate party, your tickets will be available at the will-call window at the stadium. VALID ID IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP TICKETS AT THE WILL-CALL WINDOW.
COST: $30 per ticket
The first 50 confirmed* registrations may receive a FREE RAC parking pass ($20 value). Only attendees of the Pre-Game Tailgate Party are eligible to receive a parking pass.
*RSVP form must be complete and legible, with accurate payment enclosed — checks only.
If you do not have a parking pass, information about game-day parking can be found here.
Donate to the Uniform Fund
To help celebrate the Marching Scarlet Knights 100th Anniversary, funds are being raised to outfit the band with new uniforms. $200,000 is needed to make this a reality. Consider making a tax deductible donation today.
If you make a donation of the following amount, you will get the incentive listed next to the amount
- $250 - 100th anniversary patch
- $500 - name swen into a uniform with an acknowledgement letter from an undergraduate student
- Every increment of $500 will be your name sewn into a uniform
To make a donation please go to this website: uniform fund